Translation of reeve in Spanish:
- 1.1 (in UK) [History/Historia] alguacil (masculine and feminine)Example sentences1.2 (in Canada) presidente (masculine and feminine) del concejo
- Anglo-Norman England was ‘governed’ by local officers: the sheriff and the reeve, based within the shire.
- They were jurors, reeves and lessees, and in demanding freedom and economic opportunity, they were simply claiming what they regarded as their own.
- Through all these changes, local government remained untouched: the shires and their reeves, the shire court, the Danegeld, the national militia.
- My last comments and questions are directed to our reeve, and council.
- I live in the RM of Reynolds and am appalled by the arrogance of the present reeve and several strong-willed councillors, who along with a few followers, are steam rolling construction of a fire hall in Ward 6 near the hamlet of Prawda.
- Houston remembers working with the rural council, and their reeve, Barry Dickson, on different issues.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.