Translation of reeve in Spanish:
- 1 (in UK) (History)Example sentences
- Anglo-Norman England was ‘governed’ by local officers: the sheriff and the reeve, based within the shire.
- They were jurors, reeves and lessees, and in demanding freedom and economic opportunity, they were simply claiming what they regarded as their own.
- Through all these changes, local government remained untouched: the shires and their reeves, the shire court, the Danegeld, the national militia.
- 2 (in Canada)presidente (masculine or feminine) del concejoExample sentences
- My last comments and questions are directed to our reeve, and council.
- I live in the RM of Reynolds and am appalled by the arrogance of the present reeve and several strong-willed councillors, who along with a few followers, are steam rolling construction of a fire hall in Ward 6 near the hamlet of Prawda.
- Houston remembers working with the rural council, and their reeve, Barry Dickson, on different issues.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.