Translation of referee in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 [Sport/Deporte] árbitro, (masculine, feminine), réferi (masculine and feminine) (Latin America/América Latina)Example sentences1.2 (in dispute) árbitro (masculine and feminine)
- During the match assistant referee Andrew Halliday was felled by a hurled coin and bottles were thrown.
- He has served as an ICC match referee and is a past chief executive of the Pakistan Cricket Board.
- The results have been positive with one of our assistant referees officiating in the last World Cup tournament in France.
- 2 (British English/inglés británico) 2.1 (for job candidate) you need two referees necesitas el aval de dos personas, necesitas dos personas que puedan dar referencias sobre ti 2.2 (assessor) evaluador, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- We are all familiar with how journal editors can select referees to get the reports they want.
- We acknowledge the very important role of the many men and women who agree to serve as academic referees for the manuscripts submitted to Sociology of Religion.
- Connor said that the referees were against publication.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- arbitrar, hacer* de árbitro
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.