Translation of referee in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 [Sport/Deporte] árbitro, (masculine, feminine), réferi (masculine and feminine) (Latin America/América Latina)Example sentences1.2 (in dispute) árbitro (masculine and feminine)
- During the match assistant referee Andrew Halliday was felled by a hurled coin and bottles were thrown.
- He has served as an ICC match referee and is a past chief executive of the Pakistan Cricket Board.
- The results have been positive with one of our assistant referees officiating in the last World Cup tournament in France.
- 2 (British English/inglés británico) 2.1 (for job candidate) you need two referees necesitas el aval de dos personas, necesitas dos personas que puedan dar referencias sobre ti 2.2 (assessor) evaluador, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- We are all familiar with how journal editors can select referees to get the reports they want.
- We acknowledge the very important role of the many men and women who agree to serve as academic referees for the manuscripts submitted to Sociology of Religion.
- Connor said that the referees were against publication.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- arbitrar, hacer* de árbitro
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.