Translation of referee in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (Sport)árbitro, (-tra) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.2 (in dispute)
- During the match assistant referee Andrew Halliday was felled by a hurled coin and bottles were thrown.
- He has served as an ICC match referee and is a past chief executive of the Pakistan Cricket Board.
- The results have been positive with one of our assistant referees officiating in the last World Cup tournament in France.
- 2 (British English) 2.1 (for job candidate) See examples: you need two referees2.2 (assessor)necesitas el aval de dos personasnecesitas dos personas que puedan dar referencias sobre tievaluador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- We are all familiar with how journal editors can select referees to get the reports they want.
- We acknowledge the very important role of the many men and women who agree to serve as academic referees for the manuscripts submitted to Sociology of Religion.
- Connor said that the referees were against publication.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.