Translation of refusal in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of permission, request)(of offer) rechazo (masculine)(to do something) negativa (feminine)you are allowed two refusalspuedes negarte dos vecesI was surprised by his refusal of my offerme sorprendió que no aceptara or que rechazara mi ofertahis refusal to cooperatesu negativa a cooperarour proposal/offer met with a flat refusal
el hecho de que se niegue ( or se negara etc) a cooperarrechazaron de plano nuestra propuesta/ofertato give somebody first refusaldarle a alguien la primera opción (de compra)can I have first refusal?¿me lo ofrece primero a mí?
¿me da la primera opción?Example sentences1.2 (Riding)
- In the past, refusal to serve in the military could carry prison sentences of up to five years.
- One of the weaknesses of the mass storage industry is a stubborn refusal to learn from history.
- They also expressed dismay at the Israeli government's continued refusal to restart the peace process.
- At this level the riders are not timed, but penalties are awarded for faults such as refusal to jump or knocking down a fence.
- It took a lot of concentration to be able to maneuver your horse correctly and get it to jump all 3 jumps without refusals, knockdowns or passing the fence.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.