Translation of refusal in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of permission, request)(of offer)(to do something)you are allowed two refusalsI was surprised by his refusal of my offerpuedes negarte dos veceshis refusal to cooperateme sorprendió que no aceptara or que rechazara mi ofertaour proposal/offer met with a flat refusalsu negativa a cooperarel hecho de que se niegue ( or se negara etc) a cooperarto give somebody first refusalrechazaron de plano nuestra propuesta/ofertacan I have first refusal?darle a alguien la primera opción (de compra)¿me lo ofrece primero a mí?¿me da la primera opción?Example sentences1.2 (Riding)
- In the past, refusal to serve in the military could carry prison sentences of up to five years.
- One of the weaknesses of the mass storage industry is a stubborn refusal to learn from history.
- They also expressed dismay at the Israeli government's continued refusal to restart the peace process.
- At this level the riders are not timed, but penalties are awarded for faults such as refusal to jump or knocking down a fence.
- It took a lot of concentration to be able to maneuver your horse correctly and get it to jump all 3 jumps without refusals, knockdowns or passing the fence.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.