Translation of refusal in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of permission, request) denegación (feminine); (of offer) rechazo (masculine); (to do sth) negativa (feminine) you are allowed two refusals puedes negarte dos veces I was surprised by his refusal of my offer me sorprendió que no aceptara or que rechazara mi oferta his refusal to cooperate su negativa a cooperar, el hecho de que se niegue ( or se negara etc) a cooperar our proposal/offer met with a flat refusal rechazaron de plano nuestra propuesta/oferta to give sb first refusal darle* a algn la primera opción (de compra) can I have first refusal? ¿me lo ofrece primero a mí?, ¿me da la primera opción?Example sentences1.2 [Riding] plante (masculine)
- In the past, refusal to serve in the military could carry prison sentences of up to five years.
- One of the weaknesses of the mass storage industry is a stubborn refusal to learn from history.
- They also expressed dismay at the Israeli government's continued refusal to restart the peace process.
- At this level the riders are not timed, but penalties are awarded for faults such as refusal to jump or knocking down a fence.
- It took a lot of concentration to be able to maneuver your horse correctly and get it to jump all 3 jumps without refusals, knockdowns or passing the fence.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.