transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (disprove) refutar, rebatirMore example sentences1.2 (deny) [criticized usage/uso criticado] negar*
More example sentences
- This process of using observation and experiment to refute false theories does not rely on induction in any way.
- In these papers, where he was largely concerned with general philosophical problems of time and space, he adopted a quixotic standpoint in his attempt to refute the theory as being logically untenable.
- Dembski's latest attempt to refute Darwinian theory is by arguing that in a closed system, information can only decrease.
- The students' protest was refuted by IPB spokesman Agus Lelana, who said the institute would support the administration's effort to ease congestion in the area.
- The Cosla group, however, refutes any accusations of unfair play, claiming that McConnell and the rest of the group are simply showing ‘foresight’ in setting out local government's views.
- Waterford Against Racism vehemently refutes the outrageous accusations made by Minister of Justice, John O'Donoghue in the past week.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...