- 1.1 (in spite of everything) I told her not to do it, but she carried on regardlessle dije que no lo hiciera pero no me hizo caso or [colloquial] siguió como si tal cosashe'll have her say, regardlesssiempre tiene que dar su opinión, pese a quien pese or pase lo que paseExample sentences1.2regardless of (prep) we must leave tonight, regardless of the cost/consequences
tenemos que salir esta noche, cueste lo que cueste/pase lo que paseregardless of what people saya pesar de lo que diga la genteregardless of her feelings on the mattersin tener en cuenta lo que ella pudiera ( or pueda etc) pensarwe'll go regardless of the weatheriremos llueva o trueneExample sentences
- What I normally do in these circumstances is grit my teeth and carry on regardless.
- I chose to blot out the sound of cold water being poured on my words of admiration, and carried on regardless.
- Or will we just keep buying regardless, carried away by the cheap thrill of it all?
- This is indeed a unique race, regardless of age or gender all the athletes run together.
- Officers are now warning that offenders face prosecution if caught, regardless of their age.
- According to the proposals, pupils would sit the exams at their own pace, regardless of their age.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.