Translation of regent in Spanish:
- 1.1 (ruler) regente (masculine and feminine)Example sentences1.2 (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Univ][ miembro del consejo rector de una institución educativa ]
- A strong monarch could control the Parlement de Paris but a minor supported by a regent rarely could.
- The regents administering the country on behalf of the child soon abandoned the city of Akhetaten and the worship of the Aten and returned to Egypt's traditional gods and religious centres.
- Until now the affairs of the tribe have been administered by regents.
- Senate resolutions must be presented to the regents through the university president.
- The 19 panel members, including Jiles, were chosen from among the Coordinating Board members, university regents and trustees, college administrators and community leaders.
- University of California regents handed fellow board member and activist Ward Connerly a defeat last month, voting down his proposal to stop funding ethnic graduations and gay freshman orientation.
- (after noun/detrás del nombre) regente prince/queen regent príncipe (masculine)/reina (feminine) regente
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.