Translation of regent in Spanish:
- 1.1 (ruler) regente (masculine and feminine)Example sentences1.2 (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Univ][ miembro del consejo rector de una institución educativa ]
- A strong monarch could control the Parlement de Paris but a minor supported by a regent rarely could.
- The regents administering the country on behalf of the child soon abandoned the city of Akhetaten and the worship of the Aten and returned to Egypt's traditional gods and religious centres.
- Until now the affairs of the tribe have been administered by regents.
- Senate resolutions must be presented to the regents through the university president.
- The 19 panel members, including Jiles, were chosen from among the Coordinating Board members, university regents and trustees, college administrators and community leaders.
- University of California regents handed fellow board member and activist Ward Connerly a defeat last month, voting down his proposal to stop funding ethnic graduations and gay freshman orientation.
- (after noun/detrás del nombre) regente prince/queen regent príncipe (masculine)/reina (feminine) regente
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.