Translation of regent in Spanish:
- 1 (ruler)Example sentences
- A strong monarch could control the Parlement de Paris but a minor supported by a regent rarely could.
- The regents administering the country on behalf of the child soon abandoned the city of Akhetaten and the worship of the Aten and returned to Egypt's traditional gods and religious centres.
- Until now the affairs of the tribe have been administered by regents.
- 2 (US) (University)(miembro del consejo rector de una institución educativa)Example sentences
- Senate resolutions must be presented to the regents through the university president.
- The 19 panel members, including Jiles, were chosen from among the Coordinating Board members, university regents and trustees, college administrators and community leaders.
- University of California regents handed fellow board member and activist Ward Connerly a defeat last month, voting down his proposal to stop funding ethnic graduations and gay freshman orientation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.