Translation of region in Spanish:
- 1 (Anatomy, Geography) (area) an agricultural/industrial regionuna región or zona agrícola/industrialthe London region will get some snow todayhoy nevará en Londres y sus alrededoresthe regions (British)las provinciasa pain in the lumbar region
el resto del paísun dolor en la región lumbarExample sentences
- As universities accommodated this changing clientele, boundaries weakened between regions, towns, classes, races, and the sexes.
- The global market is distinguished on the basis of major geographic regions, with a special breakout on China.
- Professor Byrne dealt with the question of how learning providers can play a binding role in uniting regions across county boundaries.
- This reduces the spaces in the thoracic and lumbar regions of the body, which creates undue pressure for the metabolic process and for the functioning of the organs of the body.
- Occasionally, a half-vertebra is found in the thoracic and lumbar regions and very rarely in cervical and sacral vertebrae.
- Anteroposterior and lateral radiographs of the thoracic or lumbar regions are indicated in patients with localized tenderness or a suspicious mechanism of injury.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Cultural Note: region
La unidad administrativa más grande de Escocia entre 1975 y 1996. Existían nueve y cada una tenía su propio ayuntamiento → council.