Translation of regionalism in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable (Politics) 1.2 uncountable (regional patriotism)Example sentences1.3 countable (Linguistics)
- In contrast to many other Latin American nations, Chile has not experienced the emergence of strong regionalism or conflicting regional cultural identities.
- The country is facing all the great issues of economic change, regionalism, and cultural and geographic diversity, while Americanization proceeds apace.
- A high level of religious practice often underlined regionalism and even nationalism.
- The publication of French dictionaries and lexicons by Enlightenment scholars further eroded regionalisms.
- After recounting the history of some of the Victorian and in particular Queenscliff regionalisms he is researching for the Australian National Dictionary, Bruce Moore explains how dictionary-makers keep abreast of usage.
- In Britain, however, the most local dialects were associated with the groups at the lower end of the social hierarchy, while those at the top spoke RP, which showed no trace of regionalisms.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.