Translation of register in Spanish:
- 1 (record, list) registro (masculine); (in school) (British English/inglés británico) lista (feminine) to sign the register firmar el (libro de) registro to strike sb off the register (British English/inglés británico) [Medicine/Medicina] expulsar a algn del colegio de médicos to take o call the register (British English/inglés británico) [Sch] pasar listaExample sentences
- While the graveyard register has recorded the names of those buried in the cemetery identity of those buried in some graves is difficult to establish.
- However, a vote was taken last March among the 25 qualified electors named on the register of electors at Kennedy Street.
- However, she said there were strong safeguards in her proposals to prevent names being placed unnecessarily on registers or lists.
- Previous investigations have found many MEPs turning up only to sign the attendance register - to receive the daily rate - and then leaving.
- Among the most popular display items were the large class registers, which recorded the attendance records of children going back to 1910.
- A collection of exercise books and school registers collected as far back as the early 1900s are also on display.
- 2 [Music/Música] registro (masculine)Example sentences
- In his early years, Caruso often ruminated over whether he was a tenor or a baritone, the upper register of his voice being naturally weaker than the lower.
- The combination of his voice with the lower register of the viola sends shivers down the spine.
- He projects a tremendous sound across all registers of the instrument, while conveying the poetry of the score.
- I always went along when Dad played the organ and one day I started helping to pull the registers, something that maybe had an early influence on the choice of tonal colors that now play an important role in my job.
- 3 [Linguistics/Lingüística] registro (masculine) (idiomático) differences in register diferencias (feminine plural) de registroExample sentences
- In some languages, and some registers of English, syntactic tangling like this is normal.
- For such people, standard English is the register of formal communication, complemented by vernacular usage for other purposes.
- In addition to regional and social dialects, two other varieties often discussed by sociolinguists are register and style.
- 4(cash register)caja (feminine) (registradora)
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 2 (send by registered post) [letter/package] mandar certificado or (Mexico/México) registrado or (Colombia) (Urug) recomendado
- 3(registered past participle of/participio pasado de)3.1 [Finance] registered charity (British English/inglés británico) organización (feminine) benéfica registrada registered company compañía (feminine) registrada registered office (British English/inglés británico) domicilio (masculine) social, sede (feminine) registered share acción (feminine) nominativa registered shareholder titular (masculine and feminine) 3.2 [Admin] registered nurse enfermero titulado, (masculine, feminine) a Panamanian-registered ship un barco de matrícula panameña 3.3 (recorded) [letter/package/mail] certificado or (Mexico/México) registrado or (Colombia) (Urug) recomendado to send sth registered mandar algo certificado or (Mexico/México) registrado or (Colombia) (Urug) recomendado
- 4 4.1 (make known) [protest] hacer* constar; [complaint] presentar 4.2 (show) her face registered no emotion su cara no acusó or denotó emoción alguna the dial registered 700 volts la aguja registraba or marcaba 700 voltios
- 5 (detect) detectar; (realize) darse* cuenta de, caer* en la cuenta de
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1 (enroll) inscribirse*; [Univ] matricularse, inscribirse*; (at a hotel) registrarse to register with a doctor (British English/inglés británico) inscribirse* en la lista de pacientes de un médico to register to vote inscribirse* para votar (Latin America/América Latina) censarse (para votar) (Spain/España) to register as a Democrat/Republican (in US) inscribirse* como votante demócrata/republicano
- 2 2.1 (show up) ser* detectado 2.2 (be understood, remembered) she did tell me her name, but it didn't register me dijo su nombre, pero no lo retuve or no me quedó eventually it registered who he was al final caí en la cuenta de quién era we're losing our jobs, has that registered with you? nos vamos a quedar sin trabajo, a ver si te enteras de una vez
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.