- [decision/mistake] arrepentirse* de, lamentar I regretted it as soon as I'd said it me arrepentí en cuanto lo dije don't do anything you might regret no hagas nada de lo que te puedas arrepentir we regret any inconvenience caused rogamos disculpen las molestias (que hayamos podido ocasionar) you'll regret this! ¡te vas a arrepentir de esto! I may live to regret this, but … es probable que luego me arrepienta, pero … to regret
-ingarrepentirse* de, lamentar + infI regret not having kept in touch with them me arrepiento de or lamento no haber mantenido el contacto con ellos I regret that I shall be unable to attend lamento no poder asistir to regret to + inflamentar tener que+ infwe regret to announce that … lamentamos tener que anunciar que … we regret to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful lamentamos comunicarle or informarle que en esta ocasión su solicitud no ha prosperado it is to be regretted that … es lamentable que … (+ subj)More example sentences
- ‘I always come here when I want to be alone,’ I said, immediately regretting my words.
- He shut his eyes immediately, probably regretting the words he had just uttered.
- Maureen's cheeks were tinted red, and I immediately regretted my words.
- 1.1 u c (sadness) pesar (m); (remorse) arrepentimiento (m) to his everlasting regret para su eterno pesar it is with regret that we announce … lamentamos tener que anunciar que … my biggest/one regret is that I didn't have children lo que más lamento/lo único que lamento es no haber tenido hijos do you have any regrets about your life? ¿hay algo de lo que te arrepientes? I've no regrets about leaving no me arrepiento de haberme idoMore example sentences1.2
(regrets pl)excusas (fpl) to send one's regrets presentar sus ( or mis etc) excusas
- It does not matter what counsel may think, it is never wise, as many have learnt to their regret, to come without the pleadings.
- They took a bow, and then Brandon stepped away from Kitty, much to her regret.
- Letting go of her hand much to her regret, he opened the door and walked in.