Translation of regret in Spanish:
transitive verb -tt-
- (decision/mistake)I regretted it as soon as I'd said it
lamentarme arrepentí en cuanto lo dijedon't do anything you might regretno hagas nada de lo que te puedas arrepentirwe regret any inconvenience causedrogamos disculpen las molestias (que hayamos podido ocasionar)you'll regret this!¡te vas a arrepentir de esto!I may live to regret this, but …es probable que luego me arrepienta, pero …to regret
-ingarrepentirseI regret not having kept in touch with them de
infinitiveme arrepiento de or lamento no haber mantenido el contacto con ellosI regret that I shall be unable to attendlamento no poder asistirto regret to + infinitivelamentar tenerwe regret to announce that … que+ infinitivelamentamos tener que anunciar que …we regret to inform you that your application has been unsuccessfullamentamos comunicarle or informarle que en esta ocasión su solicitud no ha prosperadoit is to be regretted that …es lamentable que … followed by subjunctiveExample sentences
- ‘I always come here when I want to be alone,’ I said, immediately regretting my words.
- He shut his eyes immediately, probably regretting the words he had just uttered.
- Maureen's cheeks were tinted red, and I immediately regretted my words.
- 1 uncountable or countable (sadness)(remorse) arrepentimiento (masculine)to his everlasting regretpara su eterno pesarit is with regret that we announce …lamentamos tener que anunciar que …my biggest/one regret is that I didn't have childrenlo que más lamento/lo único que lamento es no haber tenido hijosdo you have any regrets about your life?¿hay algo de lo que te arrepientes?I've no regrets about leavingno me arrepiento de haberme idoExample sentences
- It does not matter what counsel may think, it is never wise, as many have learnt to their regret, to come without the pleadings.
- They took a bow, and then Brandon stepped away from Kitty, much to her regret.
- Letting go of her hand much to her regret, he opened the door and walked in.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.