Translation of regulate in Spanish:
- 1.1(speed/temperature/prices)to regulate one's life
regularponer orden en su ( or mi etc) vida1.2 (Law)(industry/profession)the laws that regulate the sale of alcohol
regularla legislación que regula or reglamenta la venta de bebidas alcohólicasExample sentences1.3
- One can only suspect that both the US and the EU are responding to pressure from business leaders not to regulate their overseas activities.
- Often governments for a variety of reasons decide to regulate the activities of firms that compete against each other.
- In contrast, no previous treaty or customary rule existed regulating method of combat in internal armed conflict.
- Water is necessary to transport nutrients around the body, remove wastes, maintain body temperatures and regulate metabolic processes in our bodies.
- He slipped inside and, struggling to think over the deafening noise of the generator, he found the control panel that regulated the machine and switched it off.
- Depression stiffens the body's response to insulin, the hormone that helps regulate energy metabolism.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.