- reinado (masculine) during the reign of King John durante or bajo el reinado del rey Juan his reign as world champion is over su reinado or hegemonía como campeón del mundo ha concluido the Reign of Terror el Terror
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.
- 1.1 [monarch] reinar to reign
oversb/sth reinar sobrealgn/algo 1.2 [literary/literario] [chaos/peace] reinar the Bears reigned supreme in the 80s los Bears eran invencibles or no tenían rival en la década de los 80 the tendency that reigned supreme in the 19th century la tendencia imperante or que imperaba en el siglo XIXMore example sentences1.3
(reigning present participle/participio presente)[monarch] reinante she is the reigning champion es la campeona actual he was then the reigning champion en ese momento era el campeónMore example sentences
- Quality reigns when it comes to choosing an adequate outsource partner, but the significance of inventory management capabilities is increasing.
- All around him, chaos and disorder reigned.
- The party's lack of emphasis on defense didn't matter much when peace and prosperity reigned.
- Democracy has been conveniently thrown out the door and in its wake imperialist and dictatorial rule reign supreme.
- And we pay these modern-day monarchs to reign over and rule us.
- Despite possessing many of the qualities needed to govern, the king had reigned but never ruled.