Translation of rejoice in Spanish:
- alegrarse muchoregocijarse [literary]she rejoiced at the newsla noticia la llenó de alegríato rejoice to +
se alegró mucho con la noticia
infinitivewe rejoiced to see her alivenos alegramos inmensamente de verla con vidato rejoice that[literary]alegrarse de quefollowed by subjunctiveExample sentences
- Blunsdon may be rejoicing at the recent decision to build a bypass for the village but compulsory purchase orders for the land required could threaten a number of businesses.
- Can he really believe that this depiction of extreme violence, with Roman torturers rejoicing at what they do, will somehow make the world a better place?
- Not everyone was rejoicing at Thompson's appointment, however.
- At the latter, another Scottish desk sergeant told me the head of the Scottish Flying Squad, who rejoiced in the name of Fletcher Catchpole, was celebrating his ‘collar’ in the next-door pub.
- Yes, she grew up in Kikbirnie, heartland of the Ayrshire steelworks, where her school chums rejoiced in names like Lenin McKay and Joseph Stalin McGregor.
- The client is an extremely rich businessman with a ‘Russian’ accent rejoicing in the name of PG Wodehouse.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.