Translation of rejoice in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- alegrarse mucho, regocijarse [literary/literario] she rejoiced at the news la noticia la llenó de alegría, se alegró mucho con la noticiato rejoice to +
infinitive/infinitivowe rejoiced to see her alive nos alegramos inmensamente de verla con vida to rejoice that[literary/literario], alegrarse de que(followed by subjunctive/seguido por subjuntivo)
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [literary/literario] alegrarExample sentences
- Blunsdon may be rejoicing at the recent decision to build a bypass for the village but compulsory purchase orders for the land required could threaten a number of businesses.
- Can he really believe that this depiction of extreme violence, with Roman torturers rejoicing at what they do, will somehow make the world a better place?
- Not everyone was rejoicing at Thompson's appointment, however.
- At the latter, another Scottish desk sergeant told me the head of the Scottish Flying Squad, who rejoiced in the name of Fletcher Catchpole, was celebrating his ‘collar’ in the next-door pub.
- Yes, she grew up in Kikbirnie, heartland of the Ayrshire steelworks, where her school chums rejoiced in names like Lenin McKay and Joseph Stalin McGregor.
- The client is an extremely rich businessman with a ‘Russian’ accent rejoicing in the name of PG Wodehouse.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.