Translation of relation in Spanish:
- 1 countable/numerable (relative) pariente (masculine and feminine), pariente, (masculine, feminine), familiar (masculine and feminine) he's no relation (of mine) no es pariente mío, no estamos emparentados pictured are John Hull and James Hull (no relation) en la fotografía aparecen John Hull y James Hull, quienes no están emparentados what relation is she to you? ¿qué parentesco tiene contigo?, ¿a ti qué te toca? (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- Had he not been his brother and his closest relation, he would have murdered him in cold blood.
- He is survived by his wife Tess, three sons and two daughters, family relations and a host of friends he made through the music business.
- The definition does not include your cousins or any relations by marriage.
- 2 2.1 u and c (connection) relación (feminine) there is a close relation between poverty and ill health hay una relación muy estrecha entre la pobreza y la mala salud to bear no relation to sth no guardar ninguna relación con algo 2.2in relation to (as preposition/como preposición) en relación con, con relación aExample sentences
- It may also be hard to see the relation between cause and effect.
- If, however, we adopt the second hypothesis, we have to inquire only as to the relation between cause and effect.
- What is the causal relation between the pattern of division and cell differentiation?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.