Translation of relic in Spanish:
- 1.1 (object) reliquia (feminine) the ceremony is a relic from medieval times la ceremonia es un vestigio de una tradición medieval are you still driving that old relic? [colloquial/familiar] ¿todavía tienes esa cascarria antediluviana? [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences1.2 [Religion/Religión] reliquia (feminine)
- The saddle no longer looked like an interesting historical relic but an instrument of torture.
- It's a city packed full of historical monuments and relics, of myths and legends, which seem to come to life every time you walk through its century old streets.
- Models of historic buildings and cultural relics enable architects and archaeologists to study their subject in closer detail than might otherwise be possible.
- The holy relic is believed to protect the 25 sq. km. former Portuguese colony, on the doorstep of China, from natural disasters.
- Pilgrimages to the sites of miracles and holy relics grew ever more popular, and the number of such places increased.
- The reverence shown for relics has roots in the celebration of the Eucharist over the graves of the first Christian martyrs.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.