Translation of religion in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (system of belief) religión (feminine) to be against sb's religion ir* contra los principios religiosos de algn I enjoy fishing, but I don't make a religion of it me gusta pescar, pero no soy fanáticoExample sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (subject) religión (feminine) she's got religion [colloquial/familiar] está hecha una chupacirios [colloquial/familiar] [pejorative/peyorativo]
Example sentences1.3 uncountable/no numerable (religious life) to enter in religion entrar en religión, entrar en una orden religiosa his name in religion is … su nombre religioso or de religión es …
- No organized religion preaches murder and hatred of innocent people.
- The official state religion is Roman Catholicism, but Evangelical Protestant movements are making converts among traditional Catholic believers.
- Christianity is the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.
- It's the backdrop because football is considered a religion worldwide and the most viewed game.
- We've been told time and again that cricket is a religion in India.
- In this city where rugby is a religion, there is the feeling that Moses has led them to the mountaintop.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.