- 1.1 countable/numerable (system of belief) religión (feminine) to be against sb's religion ir* contra los principios religiosos de algn I enjoy fishing, but I don't make a religion of it me gusta pescar, pero no soy fanáticoMore example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (subject) religión (feminine) she's got religion [colloquial/familiar] está hecha una chupacirios [colloquial, pejorative/familiar, peyorativo]
More example sentences1.3 uncountable/no numerable (religious life) to enter in religion entrar en religión, entrar en una orden religiosa his name in religion is … su nombre religioso or de religión es …
- No organized religion preaches murder and hatred of innocent people.
- The official state religion is Roman Catholicism, but Evangelical Protestant movements are making converts among traditional Catholic believers.
- Christianity is the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.
- It's the backdrop because football is considered a religion worldwide and the most viewed game.
- We've been told time and again that cricket is a religion in India.
- In this city where rugby is a religion, there is the feeling that Moses has led them to the mountaintop.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an