Translation of religion in Spanish:
- 1 countable (system of belief) to be against somebody's religionir contra los principios religiosos de alguienI enjoy fishing, but I don't make a religion of itme gusta pescar, pero no soy fanáticoExample sentences
- No organized religion preaches murder and hatred of innocent people.
- The official state religion is Roman Catholicism, but Evangelical Protestant movements are making converts among traditional Catholic believers.
- Christianity is the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.
- 2 uncountable (subject) she's got religion [colloquial]está hecha una chupacirios [colloquial] [pejorative]Example sentences
- It's the backdrop because football is considered a religion worldwide and the most viewed game.
- We've been told time and again that cricket is a religion in India.
- In this city where rugby is a religion, there is the feeling that Moses has led them to the mountaintop.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.