Translation of remainder in Spanish:
- 1.1 (amount, number) the remainder el resto the remainder of the bread el resto or lo que quedaba ( or queda etc) del pan they spent the remainder of the evening playing chess pasaron el resto de la noche or lo que quedaba de la noche jugando al ajedrez we have three of the tickets, but the remainder are missing tenemos tres de las entradas, pero faltan las restantes or las demás or falta el resto 1.2 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] resto (masculine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.3 (unsold book) resto (masculine) de edición
- Cut the remainder of the lemon into slices then lay the lemon slices on top of the fish.
- Thinly slice half the strawberries, mash or sieve the remainder and mix with the cream, lemon juice, sherry or wine and sugar.
- It may have been opening night jitters, but that doesn't excuse the remainder of the cast from constantly tripping over their lines.
- Modular arithmetic involves working with the remainders generated by division.
- Euclid's algorithm is here applied to 720 and 168: Just keep dividing and noting remainders so that the larger number 720 is 4 lots of the smaller number 168 with 48 left over.
- Gersonides had the idea of looking at remainders after division of powers of 3 by 8 and powers of 2 by 8.
- It seems that presswork was already completed on a number of these quartos, which are correctly dated ‘1619’, but others were falsely dated, probably with the intention to pass them off as remainders of earlier editions.
- His books are already weighing down the remainder tables.
- Today, they had disappeared without a trace, not even in evidence on a remainder table.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Nochebuena, celebrated in Spanish-speaking countries rather than Christmas Day. Dinner is eaten before Midnight Mass, known as misa del gallo.