Translation of remainder in Spanish:
- 1 (amount, number) the remainder the remainder of the breadel resto or lo que quedaba ( or queda etc. ) del panthey spent the remainder of the evening playing chesspasaron el resto de la noche or lo que quedaba de la noche jugando al ajedrezwe have three of the tickets, but the remainder are missingtenemos tres de las entradas, pero faltan las restantes or las demás or falta el resto
- 2 (Mathematics)Example sentences
- Cut the remainder of the lemon into slices then lay the lemon slices on top of the fish.
- Thinly slice half the strawberries, mash or sieve the remainder and mix with the cream, lemon juice, sherry or wine and sugar.
- It may have been opening night jitters, but that doesn't excuse the remainder of the cast from constantly tripping over their lines.
- Modular arithmetic involves working with the remainders generated by division.
- Euclid's algorithm is here applied to 720 and 168: Just keep dividing and noting remainders so that the larger number 720 is 4 lots of the smaller number 168 with 48 left over.
- Gersonides had the idea of looking at remainders after division of powers of 3 by 8 and powers of 2 by 8.
- 3 (unsold book)resto (masculine) de ediciónExample sentences
- It seems that presswork was already completed on a number of these quartos, which are correctly dated ‘1619’, but others were falsely dated, probably with the intention to pass them off as remainders of earlier editions.
- His books are already weighing down the remainder tables.
- Today, they had disappeared without a trace, not even in evidence on a remainder table.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.