Translation of remark in Spanish:
- 1 countable (comment) to make a remarkhacer un comentario or una observaciónshe passed some remark about my appearancehizo algún comentario sobre mi aspectostop making rude remarks
dijo no sé qué cosa sobre mi aspectodéjate de decir groseríaspersonal remarkscomentarios insolentesthe chairwoman's opening/closing remarkslas palabras con las que la presidenta abrió/cerró la reuniónI've made a few remarks in the marginhe puesto unos comentarios or unas notas al margen
- 2 uncountable (attention) [formal or liter]to be worthy of remarkser digno de mención [formal]to escape remarkpasar desapercibido or inadvertidoExample sentences
- He was more interested in the tall ones off at a bit of a distance, but she passed by without notice or remark.
- The equation of ‘extra-hazardous’ and ‘dangerous’ is also worthy of remark.
- It is worthy of remark that while the sources of naturalism go back a very long way in Western philosophy, it has been especially prominent in philosophy in America.
- 1.1 (comment) you look tired, she remarkedpareces cansado — observóto remark
thatcomentar1.2 (notice) [archaic] que
- While remarking these things, I noted that my clothes were beginning to dry off and was very pleased.
- The image of the social totality has often been remarked to be more difficult to perceive from street level than from above.
- Observers have remarked on the odd love Canadians have for the game of hockey.
- Long, who is president of the organization, remarked on the mixed crowd.
- I remarked on how strange it was that none of them was there at the reunion.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.