Translation of remark in Spanish:
- 1 countable/numerable (comment) comentario (masculine), observación (feminine) to make a remark hacer* un comentario or una observación she passed some remark about my appearance hizo algún comentario sobre mi aspecto, dijo no sé qué cosa sobre mi aspecto stop making rude remarks déjate de decir groserías personal remarks comentarios insolentes the chairwoman's opening/closing remarks las palabras con las que la presidenta abrió/cerró la reunión I've made a few remarks in the margin he puesto unos comentarios or unas notas al margen
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (attention) [formal or liter] to be worthy of remark ser* digno de mención [formal] to escape remark pasar desapercibido or inadvertidoExample sentences
- He was more interested in the tall ones off at a bit of a distance, but she passed by without notice or remark.
- The equation of ‘extra-hazardous’ and ‘dangerous’ is also worthy of remark.
- It is worthy of remark that while the sources of naturalism go back a very long way in Western philosophy, it has been especially prominent in philosophy in America.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas