Translation of remedy in Spanish:
noun plural remedies
- 1 (medicament, treatment) remedy
forsomethingremedio paraalgoExample sentences
- Folk remedies and herbal treatments also are common.
- Once estrogen replacement is prescribed, a medical practitioner calibrates the remedy.
- In addition, the family employed traditional remedies and treatment strategies of which the physicians were unaware.
- 2 (solution, cure) to be beyond or past remedy uncountableno tener (ya) remedioExample sentences
- As a remedy for the undesirable effects of interventionism they ask for still more interventionism.
- I think that's a bad remedy for a very, very severe problem.
- The remedy for the problem was a sound system that involves Holly's teacher wearing a headset with a microphone so her words are amplified through a large speaker.
- 3 (Law) (method)(redress) reparación (feminine)to seek remedy uncountable for somethingexigir reparación por algoExample sentences
- Thus, the fact that the estate would have a remedy against a negligent solicitor does not necessarily preclude a claim by the disappointed beneficiary.
- Criminal libel is the only remedy against this worthless organisation who simply seek publicity for themselves.
- It is said that the claimants had viable alternative remedies by way of judicial review.
transitive verb remedies, remedying, remedied
remediar(injustice/evil)your troubles are easily remedied
reparartus problemas tienen fácil remedio or soluciónExample sentences
- These initiatives will do nothing towards remedying the situation.
- In order to determine how to remedy this situation, I conducted an informal poll with a couple of the skateboarding kids in my apartment's parking lot.
- But even if I had coffee, would it really remedy my situation?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.