Translation of remembrance in Spanish:
- uncountable and countable [formal or liter] I have no remembrance of thatin remembrance of something/somebodyno tengo memoria de tal cosa [formal]do this in remembrance of me (Religion)en memoria de algo/alguien(before noun) Remembrance Sunday o Day (British English)haced esto en memoria mía(domingo de noviembre en que se conmemora a los caídos en las guerras)Example sentences
- But it is also the generation that has to decide how these memories will be expressed in historical understanding and communal remembrance in the future.
- Repetition is neither wordy nor inefficient; it improves clarity, understanding, and remembrance of the rules.
- But the first step to recovery is remembrance, and remember she had.
- Rachel remained silent as the memories and remembrances from years past assaulted her senses and her calm.
- Memory and remembrances of your youth tend to have a larger and larger place in your recent books.
- The only topic at the conference discussed with greater frequency than fond remembrances of Teddy Roosevelt was the assertion that conservation is part and parcel of a real conservative ideology.
Cultural Note: Poppy Day
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.