Translation of remission in Spanish:
- 1.1 (forgiveness) (Religion) the remission of sinsla remisión de los pecadosExample sentences1.2 (of sentence) (Law) two months' remission for good behavior
dos meses de remisión de pena por buena conductaExample sentences1.3 (easing of illness, pain) to be in/go into remission
- The individual benefits by remission of sins and spiritual training, but a prime purpose is to strengthen the solidarity of the Muslim community.
- There will be absolution and remission of sins for all who die in the service of Christ.
- The armed pilgrimage had not lost its allure, nor the promise of remission of sins.
estar/entrar en remisiónExample sentences
- For one thing remission for good behaviour was one third of the sentence.
- The Crown argued that the phrase ‘I have done the lot’ was slang for the removal of all remission of sentence resulting in a requirement to serve a full custodial term.
- It was also noted that none of the prisoners had any private law right which he could have pursued, since remission of sentence was not a right but an indulgence.
- No single therapy has been proven effective at achieving complete remission in every patient.
- Two of the five patients sustained complete remission of symptoms for more than a year prior to the study.
- The patient had not yet achieved complete remission at the time of this report.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.