Translation of remote in Spanish:
adjective remoter, remotest
- 1 1.1(star/galaxy)
fromsomethingapartado dealgoExample sentences1.2
(cause/connection)ideals remote from everyday reality
- This problem centres on our very large landmass, long coastline, remote location and small population.
- The facts are that since 1981, the Aboriginal population in remote areas has grown by more than 20 per cent.
- Diseases continue to ravage large populations, especially in remote areas.
remotoideales alejados de la realidad cotidianaExample sentences
Example sentences1.3 (aloof, abstracted)
- Other times, the connection is more remote, or downright nonexistent.
- Any remote relationship to terrorism will get you involved in one of these tribunals.
- The remaining six plaintiffs were excluded as claimants because they were in a more remote relationship - but it seems that on appeal they all lost and for a variety of reasons.
- It's not hers so there's still that remote chance she's still out there somewhere alive and - we're still clinging to that.
- Five hundred and sixteen other patients who also had surgery there have been warned of the remote possibility of exposure.
- I want you to hear what he said about that albeit remote possibility.
- While seen as personally remote and aloof, Collins came across as fair and measured in meetings with unions.
- Visibly thrilled over his visit, he says that contrary to apprehension that he would be cold and remote, the Prince came across as a very amenable and caring person.
- She is a cold, remote, autocratic figurehead with monarchical delusions and the instincts of a contract killer.
- 2 2.1 (in time)(past/antiquity)in remote times
remotoen tiempos remotosin the remote futureen un futuro lejanoExample sentences2.2 (of relationships)
- Each idyll is a society in the distant future or the remote past that can be held up as a noble alternative to American society.
- Some of the pictures featured at the show were those sent by spacecraft such as Mariner 9 which reveal extensive channels made by flowing water in the remote past of the planet.
- It gives us the opportunity to form some opinion not just of the physical circumstances of life in the remote past, but also of how such people might have thought and felt about life.
- Status, rank, and patronage opportunities had rarely been of greater importance and even remote family connections could be of real use.
- He could have made the same point just as well without any discussion of remote genetic relationships.
- On the face of it, the objection of any surviving relative, however remote, bars any transplant.
- 4 (Computing, Telecommunications) (before noun)(keyboarding/text processing)
- A signal condition monitoring circuit drives an integral two-color LED and an alarm signal for remote monitoring at the control.
- Walthall has spent hundreds of hours aboard NASA planes, operating remote sensors, but he is doing his research on the ground now.
- The researchers had already deployed time-lapse cameras mounted to trees and remote microphones to listen for the telltale calls.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.