Translation of render in Spanish:
- 1 (make) to render something useless/superfluous/obsoletehacer que algo resulte inútil/superfluo/obsoletothe communications systems were rendered useless by the enemyel enemigo inutilizó los sistemas de comunicaciónhe was rendered unfit for active service by …fue incapacitado para el servicio activo por …this clause renders the contract voidesta cláusula invalida el contrato
- 2 (give, proffer) [formal](homage)
dar(assistance)for services rendered
prestarpor servicios prestadosto render an accountpresentar una facturarender therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar'sal César lo que es del César (y a Dios lo que es de Dios)(Biblical equivalent) dad pues al César lo que es del César y a Dios lo que es de Dios
- 3 3.1 (interpret)(piece of music)these nuances cannot be rendered in French
interpretarestos matices no pueden reflejarse en francésExample sentences
Example sentences3.2 (translate) to render something
- It has given platform to performers who render the music of poet-saints of India.
- Dialogue is clear, hiss is minimal, and the background music is nicely rendered.
- Dialogue and music are clearly rendered and, while not exactly expansive, about as rich as mono from an optical source gets.
- Another of her novels, ‘Kadan’ (‘Runa’ in Kannada) has also been rendered into Tamil.
- Some of her poems had been rendered into English.
- Their poetry were all rendered into Tamil.
intosomethingtraducir algo aalgo
- 4 (Construction)Example sentences
- On top the slabs are rendered over to seal them, then covered with oiled mulberry paper to leave a perfectly smooth yellow continuous surface turned up at the skirting.
- Most ‘stone’ castles in Ireland used to be rendered with rough lime-dashed plaster, mainly in white.
- The refurbished zinc roof forms an arresting contrast with the cream tiled and rendered walls of the main building.
- Add the venison bones, garlic bulb, celeriac, carrots, and bacon and sauté until the bacon fat is rendered, about five minutes.
- The men conducted most of this heavy work, while the women boiled the leaf fat from the entrails to render lard for shortening and lye soap.
- In a sauté pan over low heat, cook duck breasts skin side down until golden brown and fat is rendered.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.