Translation of render in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 (make) to render sth useless/superfluous/obsolete hacer* que algo resulte inútil/superfluo/obsoleto the communications systems were rendered useless by the enemy el enemigo inutilizó los sistemas de comunicación he was rendered unfit for active service by … fue incapacitado para el servicio activo por … this clause renders the contract void esta cláusula invalida el contrato
- 2 (give, proffer) [formal] [homage] rendir*; [thanks] dar*; [assistance] prestar for services rendered por servicios prestados to render an account presentar una factura render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's al César lo que es del César (y a Dios lo que es de Dios) (Biblical equivalent) dad pues al César lo que es del César y a Dios lo que es de Dios
- 3 3.1 (interpret) [piece of music] interpretar these nuances cannot be rendered in French estos matices no pueden reflejarse en francés 3.2 (translate) traducir* to render sth
intosth traducir* algo aalgoExample sentences
- Another of her novels, ‘Kadan’ (‘Runa’ in Kannada) has also been rendered into Tamil.
- Some of her poems had been rendered into English.
- Their poetry were all rendered into Tamil.
- It has given platform to performers who render the music of poet-saints of India.
- Dialogue is clear, hiss is minimal, and the background music is nicely rendered.
- Dialogue and music are clearly rendered and, while not exactly expansive, about as rich as mono from an optical source gets.
- 4 [Constr] enlucir*Example sentences
- On top the slabs are rendered over to seal them, then covered with oiled mulberry paper to leave a perfectly smooth yellow continuous surface turned up at the skirting.
- Most ‘stone’ castles in Ireland used to be rendered with rough lime-dashed plaster, mainly in white.
- The refurbished zinc roof forms an arresting contrast with the cream tiled and rendered walls of the main building.
- 5 [fat] derretir*Example sentences
- Add the venison bones, garlic bulb, celeriac, carrots, and bacon and sauté until the bacon fat is rendered, about five minutes.
- The men conducted most of this heavy work, while the women boiled the leaf fat from the entrails to render lard for shortening and lye soap.
- In a sauté pan over low heat, cook duck breasts skin side down until golden brown and fat is rendered.
render downverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento [fat] derretir*
render upverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento [literary/literario] [town/hostage] entregar*
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas