Translation of renounce in Spanish:
- 1.1 (cede) [formal](claim/title/right)
renunciar aExample sentences1.2 (reject)
- As a consequence, Francis renounced his claims to Italy, his possession of the duchy of Burgundy and his feudal suzerainty over Flanders and Artois.
- I am therefore prepared to renounce my claim on the strip of land in question.
- Alexander at one time had toyed with the idea of renouncing his rights to the succession and going with his wife to live an idyllic life on the banks of the Rhine.
renunciar aExample sentences
- She now knew how reprehensible stealing the free will of others was, and she renounced her selfish ways.
- Before renouncing the habit, the former drug czar noted that losing large sums of money on slots and video poker hadn't ‘put my family at risk.’
- They have renounced those habits, and they too must somehow be incorporated into the new army.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.