Translation of repeat in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (say again)(sound/word/sentence)could you repeat the question?
repetir¿podría repetir la pregunta?Example sentences1.2 (divulge) don't repeat this, will you, but …
no lo vayas a contar, pero …Example sentences1.3 (recite) (US)
- I don't think I need to repeat what I've already said about this film.
- Even if you've read everything that Moore has ever written, and know this already, it bears repeating.
- The name Susanna is also repeated, echoing that same vowel and sibilant.
- We can take that small gift, and rather than give in to the emptiness, the ever-echo that merely repeats us back to us - we can sing through it, and listen for something else.
- Similarly, Lee repeats Carter's greeting to his black buddies and creates many funny situations.
- He also repeated Judge Woolsey's famous remark about Ulysses being ‘emetic rather than erotic’ though he did not refer the court to his source.
- He repeats it once too often, and it begs the question, ‘From whom?’
- Because it is becoming less and less likely every day that they will prosper by attempting to repeat the actions of the Baby Boomers who came before them.
- Gass repeated the experiment dozens of times - and each time the blade stopped immediately.
- 2 (do again)(procedure/movement/experiment)
repetir(School, University) (year/course)
repetir(Music) (bar/chorus/phrase)it was an experience I wouldn't care to repeat
repetirfue una experiencia que no desearía repetirthe design is repeated every two inchesel dibujo se repite cada dos pulgadasthe store is repeating its special offer on Brazilian coffeela tienda vuelve a tener una oferta especial de café brasileñoone of our most popular serials ever is to be repeatedvuelve una de nuestras series más popularesthis episode will be repeated on Sunday (Radio, Television)el episodio se volverá a emitir or transmitir el domingoExample sentences
- I missed 2 weeks of school and almost had to repeat second grade.
- Young children often repeat grades because teachers or parents feel they have not acquired the appropriate academic or social skills to advance to the next grade.
- I was in the classroom with Merce for over ten years and not once did he repeat a class.
- 1 (stressing instruction, statement) repeat after merepitan lo que digothis is not, (I) repeat, not an exerciseesto no es un simulacro, repito, no es un simulacro
- 4 (recur)repetirseExample sentences
- While we do not necessarily expect history to repeat itself, a dollar rally may still take longer to materialise than many now seem to expect.
- Our linguistic history is repeating itself in this latest verbal revolution.
- 1 (repetition) we want to avoid a repeat of last year's fiascoqueremos evitar que se repita el desastre del año pasadorepeat performance (Theatre) it's a repeat performance of last year's crisisse repite la misma historia que cuando la crisis del año pasadoa repeat visituna nueva visitaExample sentences
- As many recall, the soybean market, along with other grains to a more limited extent, went through the roof during the past year; the coming year may perhaps be a repeat in some similar way.
- And, clearly, the majority of Russians are averse to any repeat of the terror employed by the Soviets in 1918.
- Because there'll be no repeat, we believe ourselves safe, and tomorrow we'll be able to pretend that nothing happened.
- 2 (Radio, Television) (of program)Example sentences
- By the way, if you missed the show, you can catch the repeat on Radio 4 at 5pm on Sunday, 27 April.
- Presuming for a second that no one has ever watched repeats of the television show on Nick at Nite, the premise is that the central female character is a real-life honest to goodness witch, whose family are the only ones aware of her secret.
- We'd do a film together if somebody came up with an idea that wasn't a remake or a repeat or a sequel.
- 3 (Music) (before noun) repeat signdoble barra (feminine) de repeticiónExample sentences
- The term was commonly used in Baroque instrumental music, such as concertos, and regularly in minuet-and-trio structures, to indicate the repeat of the minuet.
- He gives us few tempo indications, but gives us repeats that we can arbitrarily take or not.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.