Translation of replacement in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable (act) (before noun) replacement value (Finance)valor (masculine) de reposiciónExample sentences1.2 countable (person)
we're looking for a replacement for Helensustituto, (-ta) (masculine, feminine)1.3 countable (object) See examples: I'll buy you a replacementestamos buscando un sustituto para Helenestamos buscando a alguien para sustituir or reemplazar a Helente compraré uno nuevote compraré otro(before noun) (doors/windows)replacement partsrepuestos (masculine plural)piezas (feminine plural) de recambio or de repuestorefacciones (feminine plural) (Mexico)Example sentences
- In spite of three hip replacements, Adams manages to visit his local pub to play piquet most evenings and continues to write.
- Private patients regularly skip the queue to obtain private treatment in public hospitals for elective operations such as cataracts, hip replacements and heart bypass operations.
- His choreographic style has influenced twentieth century dance but the pendulum shows signs of swinging away from hyper-extensions - and multiple hip replacements.
- What is an understudy or replacement to do when he takes over a role vacated by a star?
- The range covers the full spectrum from ultraportable to desktop replacement, hitting all price points along the way.
- Other cousins, replacements for my Polish uncles, stood around the keg with cups of beer.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.