- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (act) sustitución (f), reemplazo (m) (before noun/delante del nombre) replacement value [Finance/Finanzas] valor (masculine) de reposiciónMore example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (person) sustituto, (masculine, feminine) we're looking for a replacement for Helen estamos buscando un sustituto para Helen, estamos buscando a alguien para sustituir or reemplazar a Helen 1.3 countable/numerable (object) I'll buy you a replacement te compraré uno nuevo, te compraré otro (before noun/delante del nombre) [doors/windows] modular replacement parts repuestos (mpl), piezas (fpl) de recambio or de repuesto, refacciones (fpl) (Mexico/México)
More example sentences
- In spite of three hip replacements, Adams manages to visit his local pub to play piquet most evenings and continues to write.
- Private patients regularly skip the queue to obtain private treatment in public hospitals for elective operations such as cataracts, hip replacements and heart bypass operations.
- His choreographic style has influenced twentieth century dance but the pendulum shows signs of swinging away from hyper-extensions - and multiple hip replacements.
- What is an understudy or replacement to do when he takes over a role vacated by a star?
- The range covers the full spectrum from ultraportable to desktop replacement, hitting all price points along the way.
- Other cousins, replacements for my Polish uncles, stood around the keg with cups of beer.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Mexico, today is Conmemoración de la Proclamación de la Independencia. Throughout the country, at 11 o'clock at night, there is a communal shout, El Grito, in memory of Padre Hidalgo's cry of independence from the Spanish in the town of Dolores.