Translation of replay in Spanish:
transitive verbAmerican English: /riˈpleɪ/ British English: /riːˈpleɪ/
- 1 (Sport)(game/match)
volver a jugar
- 2 (play back)(record/tape)the incident was replayed in slow motion
volver a ponerel incidente se volvió a pasar en cámara lentael incidente se volvió a pasar a cámara lenta (Spain)Example sentences
- All this is to say that I don't know why in the world these studios don't jump on replaying these films.
- A monitor in the gallery replayed a short video showing the blinding flash as lightning traveled down the copper filaments from rocket to earth.
- The tape replays the scene endlessly, just as the myths of the West are repeated so often that they have become clichés.
noun action replayAmerican English: /ˈriˌpleɪ/ British English: /ˈriːpleɪ/ (Sport)
- 2 (rematch)repetición (feminine) (de un partido)Example sentences
- Crowds started to return, and it was apparent that replays of matches, as well as football-related panel and game shows, were attracting new fans to the game.
- If he or she is a pay-television customer, replays of all matches are available for viewing during the week.
- This obsessive attention to detail carries through to all aspects of the game - you can spend days messing around with the replays alone.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.