Translation of report in Spanish:
- 1 countable 1.1 (account)(piece of news) noticia (feminine)reports are coming in of a coupestán llegando noticias de un golpe de estadolatest reports indicate that …las últimas informaciones indican que …Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (evaluation) medical report (school) report
- However one defines its official status, the report is to a considerable degree at variance with the picture of the Communist Party of the United States given by historians of the American left.
- A good case can be made against foreign aid simply by perusing the official documents and reports published by government lending agencies themselves.
- Unwanted annual reports and other shareholder documents may also bother you.
boletín (masculine) de calificaciones or notasshe got a good/bad report
- She has investigated the events, the media reports and testimony from victims of those attacks.
- Media reports suggest Eircom does not intend to use the proceeds of any refinancing to repay equity.
- Media reports at the time described Yeltsin as ‘a brash bear of a man from the Urals brought to Moscow to boost Gorbachev's reform efforts’.
libreta (feminine) de calificaciones (Latin America)
reporte (masculine) (Mexico)tuvo buenas/malas calificaciones or notasannual report official/Government reportinforme (masculine) oficial/del GobiernoLaw Reports (in UK)relación (feminine) de pleitos y causas1.3 (school assignment — written)
actas (feminine plural) de procesos(American English)a book report
redacción (feminine)una reseña sobre un libroto give an oral report on somethingexponer or reseñar algo oralmenteExample sentences
- Teachers can enter progress reports for each student and print a summary progress report when desired.
- The teacher completes a report and returns it to the student's school counselor at the end of each grading period.
- Along the way, I must qualify extreme principles in various ways and then challenge my students with examinations and term paper reports about my lectures.
- 2 uncountable [literary] 2.1 (hearsay) report has it o according to reportsegún se dice2.2 (reputation)of good/evil reportde buena/mala reputación or famaExample sentences
- We never get a complete picture of Sayonara, merely a series of lively second-hand reports, which is very much the point - through these she achieves a mythical status.
- According to recent reports, Attorney General Michael McDowell is examining legal options to tackle this growth industry.
- It's been two years since we first began to hear reports of a promising new wave stirring in Thailand, a country whose cinematic past is almost completely unknown in the West.
- 1 1.1 (relate, announce) several people reported seeing the tigervarias personas dijeron haber visto al tigrehe is reported to own several wellsse dice que es dueño de varios pozos de petróleomany companies reported increased profitsmuchas empresas anunciaron un incremento en sus beneficios1.2 (Journalism)(reporter/media)the news was widely reported
reportear (Andes) (Mexico)la noticia fue ampliamente divulgadaExample sentences
- Coverage such as the Time article illustrates reflexivity because it not only reported on the event, but it drew attention to the production of the event as news.
- But news agency AFP reported on Monday that thousands of the League's supporters took to the streets of the capital Dhaka on Monday in protest.
- An American editor and newspaperman who reported on the Scopes trial, which concerned evolution.
- 2 2.1 (notify)(accident)nothing to report
informar or dar parte denada que informarto report something
tosomebodydar parteto report something stolen/somebody missing dealgo aalguiendenunciar or (in Latin America also) reportar el robo de algo/la desaparición de alguien2.2 (denounce)to report somebody (
dar parte del robo de algo/de la desaparición de alguien
tosomebody)denunciar or (in Latin America also) reportar a alguien (I will report you to the authorities aalguien)lo denunciaré or (in Latin America also) lo reportaré a las autoridadesExample sentences
- The Communications Authority has called on the general public to make their complaints official by reporting them to the Authority.
- Garnet was accused of knowing about the plot beforehand and not reporting it to the authorities. he was accused of Jesuitical equivocation.
- A ferryman to whom they gave a silver 20-shilling piece decided they must be noblemen who were going to fight a duel abroad, and reported them to the authorities.
- 1 1.1 (Journalism)(reporter)Alice Jones reporting from Kabul
informarAlice Jones, desde Kabulshe reports for the Postes corresponsal del Postto report
onsomethinginformar1.2 (present report) sobrealgo
reportear algo (Andes) (Mexico)(committee)
presentar un informe
- 2 2.1 (present oneself)presentarsePrivate Wood reporting for duty, sir!
reportarse (Latin America)soldado Wood se presenta, mi teniente ( or sargento etc)to report sickdar parte de enfermoreport to the reception desk/your supervisorpreséntese en recepción/a su supervisor2.2 (be accountable) (Business)to report
tosomebodyestar bajo las órdenes de alguienyou will report to the finance director
reportar a alguienestará bajo las órdenes del director financiero
reportará al director financieroExample sentences
- Seward responds immediately, and reports to Holmwood.
- Day-to-day activities varied from helping with the telephone and photocopying to reporting to her supervisor about on-going legislative committee hearings and her own bill-analysis research.
- Analysts and investment bankers now must report to different supervisors, and they must be physically separated.
- Finally he simply took refuge in his dressing room and refused to report for his next scene, announcing that he hated his wardrobe.
- When 100 hopeful young boys report for training camp at the end of the summer, they think they are headed for the usual pre-season good time.
- Within minutes, firefighters off shift and heading home were calling, reporting in and getting ready to go to work.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.