Translation of repository in Spanish:
noun plural -ries
- 1.1 (store) furniture repositorydepósito de muebles
guardamuebles (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (person, group)
depositario, (-ria) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Her next task was to find a museum repository for her late husband's private art collection, a visual document of his enthusiasms.
- This exhibition features 22 major works acquired by the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art directly from the artist in 1999, making the museum the largest repository of his works.
- The idea was dropped in rehearsal - but I imagine that Stepanov notations of La Bayadere are still in the Harvard library, now the repository of all the Sergeyev manuscripts.
- Forrest saw African American oral traditions as rich repositories of ritual and value, sources of meaning in the face of suffering and tragedy.
- He's the repository of our common history, and by that right, grand patron of the Bicentennial.
- Instead, we should see architectural residue from the past as a repository of vast physical, human, and cultural energy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.