Translation of republican in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of a republic)Example sentences1.2
also: Republican(in US) the Republican Partyel Partido Republicano
- This burden threatened to sink the new republican government, indeed the whole democratic experiment.
- Their God could act providentially, and their religious beliefs helped to shape their faith in republican government and the natural law that, in their view, underlay its principles.
- For the Earls of Southampton and Essex and for many literate English Protestants, Venice was the model of republican government, the alternative to monarchy for disaffected subjects of Elizabeth.
- 1.1 (supporter of republic)1.2→ Republican Partyrepublicano, (-na) (masculine, feminine)also: Republican(American English)republicano, (-na) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Third, the monarchists did not win the November 6 referendum: the republicans lost it.
- This position was anathema to traditional republicans, since it postulated that reform of the State was possible.
- Over the course of this comparison, it will also become clear that because Milton differs from the republicans on this issue, he also differs from them on other major issues.
Cultural Note: Republican Party
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than