Translation of repute in Spanish:
- [formal] of repute a make of good reputeuna marca acreditada [formal]house of ill reputecasa (feminine) de mala famato hold something/somebody in high reputetener algo/a alguien en mucha estimaI only know him by reputesolo lo conozco de oídasExample sentences
- I would have you executed for your crime, but it would bring me into bad repute with my countrymen.
- In a separate attack, Chanel's Web site was defaced by an attacker calling himself ‘TheRegister’, which we are somewhat concerned may bring our name into repute.
- There is Pittsburgh, of grimy repute, recently named the most livable U.S. city.
- Berni Searle's emergence as an artist of international repute coincides more or less with South Africa's first decade of democracy.
- Visits took in her favorite galleries, museums, and, inevitably for a bibliophile of international repute, the British Library.
- Several singers of international repute made or consolidated their early reputations with the company, which continues to provide a training ground for young Welsh singers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.