Translation of request in Spanish:
- 1 (polite demand)pedido (masculine) (esp (Latin America) )solicitud (feminine) [formal]to make a requesthacer or presentar una peticiónhacer or presentar una solicitud [formal]request
forsomethingpetición ( or pedido etc)a request for assistance dealgouna petición or (esp (Latin America) ) un pedido de ayudathey came with the request that …vinieron a pedirnos que …vinieron a solicitarnos que … [formal]at her/Mary's requesta petición suya/de Marya pedido suyo/de Mary (esp (Latin America) )by popular requesta petición or (esp (Latin America) ) a pedido del públicoprice lists available on requestsolicite nuestras listas de preciosExample sentences
- The funds raised remain in the specific country and when funds are required for an operation of a patient, then the company formally sends in a request for funds.
- The company expects to receive a formal request for documents or a subpoena in the next few days.
- If you haven't received something from an institution for some time, it may mean your request for change of address may not have been processed.
- 2 (for record, song)pedido (masculine) (esp (Latin America) )to play a request for somebodytocar algo a petición or (esp (Latin America) ) a pedido de alguien(before noun) request programprograma (masculine) con peticiones or (esp (Latin America) ) pedidos de los oyentesExample sentences
- Listeners' requests may or may not have made a difference.
- It was initially leaked to a US radio station earlier this year, and listeners immediately flooded Djs with requests to hear it.
- In the spirit of trying to personalize the listening experience, both XM and Sirius have made it possible for people to contact DJs and programmers with feedback and requests.
- 1 Mr & Mrs Tuthill request the pleasure of your company at … [formal]los señores Tuthill tienen el agrado de invitar a usted a … [formal]to request somebody to +
infinitive/ thatpedir(le) a alguienI requested them to leave que+ subjunctiveles pedí que se fuerancustomers are requested not to touch the displaysse ruega a los señores clientes no tocar las mercancías expuestas [formal]he requested that he be allowed to see his client [formal]solicitó que se le permitiera ver a su cliente [formal]Example sentences
- So he sends an e-mail to both his customer marketing manager and his category management analyst requesting information from their recent consumer segmentation research about marketing to moms and gatekeepers.
- But he said the reduction in the extra time available to local authorities to decide on an application after requesting additional information had serious staffing implications.
- Lawyers in the Caymans say that if the Irish inspectors are requesting the information as a result of an investigation into tax evasion, the legal framework will not allow the disclosure of information.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.