Translation of request in Spanish:
- 1.1 (polite demand) to make a requestrequesthacer or presentar una petición or [formal] una solicitud
forsomethinga request for assistancepetición ( or pedido etc) dealgothey came with the request that …una petición or (especially Latin America) un pedido de ayudaat her/Mary's requestvinieron a pedirnos or [formal] a solicitarnos que …by popular requesta petición suya/de Marya pedido suyo/de Mary (especially Latin America)price lists available on requesta petición or (especially Latin America) a pedido del públicosolicite nuestras listas de preciosExample sentences1.2 (for record, song) to play a request for somebody
(before noun) request programtocar algo a petición or (especially Latin America) a pedido de alguienprograma (masculine) con peticiones or (especially Latin America) pedidos de los oyentesExample sentences
- The funds raised remain in the specific country and when funds are required for an operation of a patient, then the company formally sends in a request for funds.
- The company expects to receive a formal request for documents or a subpoena in the next few days.
- If you haven't received something from an institution for some time, it may mean your request for change of address may not have been processed.
- Listeners' requests may or may not have made a difference.
- It was initially leaked to a US radio station earlier this year, and listeners immediately flooded Djs with requests to hear it.
- In the spirit of trying to personalize the listening experience, both XM and Sirius have made it possible for people to contact DJs and programmers with feedback and requests.
- 1.1 Mr & Mrs Tuthill request the pleasure of your company at … [formal]to request somebody to +los señores Tuthill tienen el agrado de invitar a usted a … [formal]
infinitive/ thatI requested them to leavepedir(le) a alguien que+ subjunctivecustomers are requested not to touch the displaysles pedí que se fueranhe requested that he be allowed to see his client [formal]se ruega a los señores clientes no tocar las mercancías expuestas [formal]1.2solicitó que se le permitiera ver a su cliente [formal]Example sentences
- So he sends an e-mail to both his customer marketing manager and his category management analyst requesting information from their recent consumer segmentation research about marketing to moms and gatekeepers.
- But he said the reduction in the extra time available to local authorities to decide on an application after requesting additional information had serious staffing implications.
- Lawyers in the Caymans say that if the Irish inspectors are requesting the information as a result of an investigation into tax evasion, the legal framework will not allow the disclosure of information.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than