Translation of request in Spanish:
- 1.1 (polite demand) petición (feminine), pedido (masculine) (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) , solicitud (feminine) [formal] to make a request hacer* or presentar una petición or [formal] una solicitud request
forsth petición ( or pedido etc) dealgo a request for assistance una petición or (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) un pedido de ayuda they came with the request that … vinieron a pedirnos or [formal] a solicitarnos que … at her/Mary's request a petición suya/de Mary, a pedido suyo/de Mary (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) by popular request a petición or (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) a pedido del público price lists available on request solicite nuestras listas de preciosExample sentences1.2 (for record, song) petición (feminine), pedido (masculine) (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) to play a request for sb tocar* algo a petición or (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) a pedido de algn (before noun/delante del nombre) request program programa (masculine) con peticiones or (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) pedidos de los oyentes
- The funds raised remain in the specific country and when funds are required for an operation of a patient, then the company formally sends in a request for funds.
- The company expects to receive a formal request for documents or a subpoena in the next few days.
- If you haven't received something from an institution for some time, it may mean your request for change of address may not have been processed.
- Listeners' requests may or may not have made a difference.
- It was initially leaked to a US radio station earlier this year, and listeners immediately flooded Djs with requests to hear it.
- In the spirit of trying to personalize the listening experience, both XM and Sirius have made it possible for people to contact DJs and programmers with feedback and requests.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [help/loan] pedir*, solicitar [formal] Mr & Mrs Tuthill request the pleasure of your company at … [formal] los señores Tuthill tienen el agrado de invitar a usted a … [formal] to request sb to +
infinitive/infinitivo/ thatpedir(le)* a algn que+ subjunctive/subjuntivoI requested them to leave les pedí que se fueran customers are requested not to touch the displays se ruega a los señores clientes no tocar las mercancías expuestas [formal] he requested that he be allowed to see his client [formal] solicitó que se le permitiera ver a su cliente [formal] 1.2 [song/record] pedir*, solicitar [formal]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to