transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 (need) necesitar; (call for) [patience/dedication] requerir*, exigir* you can withdraw cash (as and) when required puede retirar dinero según lo necesite or según le sea necesario how many copies do you require? ¿cuántos ejemplares necesita or precisa? all I require now is your signature todo lo que hace falta ahora es que usted firme this work requires great concentration este trabajo requiere or exige mucha concentración your presence is required at reception [formal] se le requiere en recepción [formal] add salt as required salar a gusto we can supply the screws if required podemos suministrar los tornillos si usted así lo deseaMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (demand) to require sb/sth to +
- Maintaining clarity of thought and affirmation of purpose required constant effort.
- Lawlor and his colleagues are regularly faced with patients who require operations to correct the operations they have already had.
- I have known patients require stitches and even surgery for injuries inflicted.
- Teenagers are not overwhelmed by the recent increase in the number of soldiers who have been wounded or killed, since they believe that this war is necessary and requires their contribution.
- There is a field, namely, the handling of the apparatus of government, in which bureaucratic methods are required by necessity.
- Less than a year ago my research would have required a laborious and tedious consultation of the multiple microfilm editions of Knox's works owned by my library.
infinitive/infinitivorequerir* que algn/algo + subjunctive/subjuntivoapplicants are required to have experience se requiere que los candidatos tengan experienciato require that the law requires that you wear a helmet la ley le obliga a llevar or exige que lleve cascoto require sth ofsb all that is required of you is that you observe the rules todo lo que se te exige es que cumplas con el reglamento I shall do all that is required of me haré todo lo que me correspondaMore example sentences
- More often, though, insurers impede care by requiring doctors to get authorization for all tests and procedures or by threatening to drop doctors whose costs they deem excessive.
- The instrument requires the user to ask a basic question: What is the function/purpose of this scene for the telling of the story?
- Find out if the company of your dreams requires dancers to attend its school for a year or two before being offered a position.
- 2(required past participle of/participio pasado de)2.1 [dose/amount] necesario within the required limits dentro de los límites establecidos or fijados cut the required number of squares corte el número de cuadrados que haga falta or que sea necesario 2.2 (compulsory) [reading/viewing] obligadoMore example sentences
- New Jersey law requires that insurance companies take all comers, even those with the worst driving records.
- It's also worth getting hold of a ‘green card’, which amounts to evidence that you have the minimum insurance required by the country your visiting.
- In Switzerland and the Netherlands, insurers are required by law to provide a 4% minimum annual return.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.