Translation of reserve currency in Spanish:
- divisa (feminine) de reservaExample sentences
- The dollar itself became an international reserve currency, which central banks were prepared to accept as payment in external dealings rather than insisting on payment in their own national currencies.
- The advantage for the United States in being an international reserve currency is that allows it to more easily run a trade deficit, as other countries are happy to hold dollars to finance its trade gap.
- This may change if the world's central bankers one day decide they have outgrown their preference for a single reserve currency.
Definition of reserve currency in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.