Translation of residence in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (in a country) to take up residence(before noun) residence permitfijar su ( or mi etc) residenciaestablecerseExample sentences1.2 (in building) [formal] to take up residence
the Queen is in residence at the Palaceinstalarsethe artist/doctor in residencela Reina está en palacio1.3residence hall (American English) , hall of residence (British English)el artista/médico residenteresidencia (feminine) universitaria or de estudiantes
- Domicile combines the fact of residence with the intention of not moving in future.
- They will be eligible to permanent residence after living five years in South Korea.
- The issue of loss of residence was balanced by the fact that they would create at least 15 jobs through the venture.
- 2 countable (home) his official/London residencethis attractive Victorian residence is situated …su residencia oficial/de Londresesta encantadora residencia de época victoriana está situada …Example sentences
- They are there in case one day someone again wants to live in the house as a private residence and restore it to its original condition.
- Residence in Canadian cities is generally private rather than communal, dominated by private homes or residences.
- However, he and his wife built two of the grandest private residences in the country.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.