Translation of residency in Spanish:
- 1.1 (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Medicine/Medicina] internado (masculine), residencia (feminine) (Latin America/América Latina)Example sentences1.2 (of musician, band) (British English/inglés británico) [ período de actuaciones contratadas por un local ]
- His medical residencies were in internal medicine and clinical psychiatry at the University of Florida.
- He completed a residency at Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami.
- He completed medical studies and a residency in plastic and reconstructive surgery.
- I've started a monthly residency doing the livest R & B night in London's West End.
- The Beatles are two days into a residency of two, sometimes three, shows a day at the Olympia Theatre that will last until 4 February.
- He stayed with her for 10 years, and for six of them he held down a dance club residency at the Den in Norwalk.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's literary renaissance, known as the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro/i>), roughly covers the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It includes the Italian-influenced poetry of figures such as Garcilaso de la Vega; the religious verse of Fray Luis de León, Santa Teresa de Ávila and San Juan de la Cruz; picaresque novels such as the anonymous Lazarillo de Tormes and Quevedo's Buscón; Miguel de Cervantes' immortal Don Quijote; the theater of Lope de Vega, and the ornate poetry of Luis de Góngora.