Translation of residency in Spanish:
- 1.1 (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Medicine/Medicina] internado (masculine), residencia (feminine) (Latin America/América Latina)Example sentences1.2 (of musician, band) (British English/inglés británico) [ período de actuaciones contratadas por un local ]
- His medical residencies were in internal medicine and clinical psychiatry at the University of Florida.
- He completed a residency at Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami.
- He completed medical studies and a residency in plastic and reconstructive surgery.
- I've started a monthly residency doing the livest R & B night in London's West End.
- The Beatles are two days into a residency of two, sometimes three, shows a day at the Olympia Theatre that will last until 4 February.
- He stayed with her for 10 years, and for six of them he held down a dance club residency at the Den in Norwalk.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas