Translation of resident in Spanish:
- 2 (inhabitant — of district)vecino, (-na) (masculine, feminine)(— of building) residente (masculine or feminine)
vecino, (-na) (masculine, feminine)(— of hotel) huésped (masculine or feminine)(— of institution) residente (masculine or feminine)
interno, (-na) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Citizens or permanent residents of other countries must have a valid passport and/or a valid visitor's visa.
- The majority of the permanent residents are retired ‘incomers’ devoted to growing their own vegetables and etching.
- Only four of the 10 houses on the street are now owned by long-term residents.
- Fellow guests are refined hotel residents and moneyed young local movers, though we were too taken with the views to care much.
- Mr Thomas said the hotel did not keep a guest book for residents to sign.
- The residents and guests of the Grand Hotel live their lives in comfort and splendor, spending their days in the bar or on the dance floor.
- Arriving at schools, the teams were met by pupils, teachers and residents with a songs, drama and demonstrations of reading skills.
- Nor will residents and students be able to tell which librarians are from the college and which ones are city employees.
- Maybe some alumni and other former residents will enjoy checking in here to reminisce about good old Madison.
- He currently works as a medical resident at another hospital and is waiting to hear the final outcome for this case.
- For stations involving physicians, fourth-year medical students or physician residents were used.
- I run a geriatric psychiatry clinic at the university and supervise residents and medical students.
- 3(American English) (Medicine)
médica interna (masculine, feminine)
- 1 (in country) (predicative) to be residentser residentethe country in which you are ordinarily residentel país del que es residente habitual
- 2 (living on premises)(physician/chaplain)Julie is our resident comedian
residenteJulie es la cómica de la casa ( or de la familia etc)Example sentences
- The Tangier traveller clearly felt at home in Tagedda, which had its own quarter of resident merchants from North Africa and a circle of literate scholars.
- Support restricted and applied on only one farm per resident farmer would, of course, arrest this and is surely no more than any equitable society would expect.
- To gain permanent residency, the temporary resident farm-worker would need to fulfill a prospective agricultural-work requirement.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.