- 1.1 [position] dimitir, renunciar a, presentar su ( or mi etc) dimisión or renuncia a 1.2 (forfeit) [right/claim] renunciar aMore example sentences
More example sentences
- I further call on her to present a public apology to the family, and then to resign her office.
- The Deputy is resigning his seat in the light of the Government's decision to abolish the dual mandate.
- Precisely what transpired is unknown, but he resigned all offices and spent the rest of his life in Europe, dying in Boulogne.
- By 1909 Einstein was recognised as a leading scientific thinker and in that year he resigned from the patent office.
- The Chancellor resigned from office and decided to leave the academy on his own.
- So, taking drastic steps, John resigned from his job and, with his one suitcase, stayed in Southampton.
- to resign oneself (
tosth/ -ing) resignarse ( aalgo/+ infinitive/infinitivo)
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...