Translation of resign in Spanish:
- 1.1(position)1.2 (forfeit)renunciar apresentar su ( or mi etc) dimisión or renuncia a(right/claim)renunciar aExample sentences
- I further call on her to present a public apology to the family, and then to resign her office.
- The Deputy is resigning his seat in the light of the Government's decision to abolish the dual mandate.
- Precisely what transpired is unknown, but he resigned all offices and spent the rest of his life in Europe, dying in Boulogne.
- By 1909 Einstein was recognised as a leading scientific thinker and in that year he resigned from the patent office.
- The Chancellor resigned from office and decided to leave the academy on his own.
- So, taking drastic steps, John resigned from his job and, with his one suitcase, stayed in Southampton.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.