Translation of resignation in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 countable or uncountable (from job, position) to tender one's resignation [formal]presentar su ( or mi etc) dimisión or su renunciato accept somebody's resignationaceptar la dimisión or la renuncia de alguienthe entire cabinet offered its resignationtodos los miembros del gabinete pusieron sus cargos a disposición del primer ministroresignation
fromsomethinghis resignation from the Cabinet/directorshipsu dimisión de or su renuncia a su puesto en el gabinete/en la direcciónExample sentences1.2 uncountable (of claim, right) [formal]
- He remained in office until his resignation in March 1971.
- Several high-profile resignations and retirements have hit hospitals in recent months.
- Other officers had announced their resignation from the committee.
- This short final excursion cost poor Cherub but I could see resignation and acceptance in both Belinda and Cherub upon their return.
- His final illness was accepted with resignation, courage and good humour.
- This doesn't seem to have come from apathy or resignation at the inevitability of this war.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.