Translation of resignation in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 c and u (from job, position) renuncia (feminine), dimisión (feminine) to tender one's resignation [formal] presentar su ( or mi etc) dimisión or su renuncia to accept sb's resignation aceptar la dimisión or la renuncia de algn the entire cabinet offered its resignation todos los miembros del gabinete pusieron sus cargos a disposición del primer ministroresignation
fromsth his resignation from the Cabinet/directorship su dimisión de or su renuncia a su puesto en el gabinete/en la direcciónExample sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (of claim, right) [formal] renuncia (feminine)
- He remained in office until his resignation in March 1971.
- Several high-profile resignations and retirements have hit hospitals in recent months.
- Other officers had announced their resignation from the committee.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (acceptance, submission) resignación (feminine)Example sentences
- This short final excursion cost poor Cherub but I could see resignation and acceptance in both Belinda and Cherub upon their return.
- His final illness was accepted with resignation, courage and good humour.
- This doesn't seem to have come from apathy or resignation at the inevitability of this war.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.