Translation of resistance in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (opposition)resistance (
tosomething/somebody) resistance to changeresistencia al cambioto put up resistanceoponer resistenciato meet with resistance (from somebody/something)encontrar resistencia (por parte de alguien/algo)to take o follow the line o path of least resistanceseguir el camino más fácilExample sentences1.2 (movement) (+ singular or plural verb) the resistance
la resistenciathe (French) Resistancela Resistencia francesa(before noun) (fighter)the resistance movement
- A resistance movement emerged on a scale that the military had not anticipated.
- But many people said that it was the Italian resistance movement that liberated Italy from fascism.
- But the hopes of the resistance movement - 80 percent Communist - were dashed.
de la resistenciala resistencia
- 2 uncountable (Biology)resistance (
tosomething) the body's natural resistance to diseasela resistencia natural del cuerpo a las enfermedadesExample sentences
- He'd leave the windows open in winter so we'd develop a resistance to cold.
- The drugs used to prevent the body rejecting the new heart adversely weakened his resistance to infection.
- Sorry to bring up smoking again, but smoking reduces your resistance to bugs, lowers the body's ability to expel the mucus and lengthens recovery time.
- 3 3.1 uncountable (to movement) wind resistancela resistencia del vientoExample sentences3.2 uncountable or countable (Electricity)
- If the intent to stop this madness is forced to go through the path of resistance and violence, than so so be it.
- Support for the so called resistance or newer anti-occupation forces will mean bloodshed on a much greater scale than there is at present.
- The garrison of Kilkenny surrendered without putting up much resistance and Cromwell's forces entered the town without losing a man.
- The voltage and/or resistance and thereby the temperature of each thermistor is measured at several second intervals.
- Bolometers are devices whose electrical resistance changes with temperature.
- Input resistance was measured as the voltage deflection induced by a - 0.5 or - 1.0 nA current pulse.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.