Translation of resistant in Spanish:
- 1 (opposed) (predicative/predicativo) to be resistant
tosth/ -ingresistirse or oponer* resistencia aalgo/+ infinitive/infinitivoExample sentences
- His research team was working on a project to prevent bacteria becoming more resistant to antibiotics.
- Behavior that is controlled in this intermittent way becomes highly resistant to change.
- They also investigate the ecological assumption that some organizational features are more resistant to change than others.
- 2 [Biology/Biología] resistant (
tosth) resistente ( aalgo)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the