- 1 (opposed) (predicative/predicativo) to be resistant
tosth/ -ingresistirse or oponer* resistencia aalgo/+ infinitive/infinitivoMore example sentences
- His research team was working on a project to prevent bacteria becoming more resistant to antibiotics.
- Behavior that is controlled in this intermittent way becomes highly resistant to change.
- They also investigate the ecological assumption that some organizational features are more resistant to change than others.
- 2 [Biology/Biología] resistant (
tosth) resistente ( aalgo)
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The variety of catalán spoken in the Balearic Islands is called mallorquín. Some people regard it as a separate language from Catalan, which enjoys official status, but it is not officially recognized as such.