Translation of resistant in Spanish:
- 1 (opposed) (predicative/predicativo) to be resistant
tosth/ -ingresistirse or oponer* resistencia aalgo/+ infinitive/infinitivoExample sentences
- His research team was working on a project to prevent bacteria becoming more resistant to antibiotics.
- Behavior that is controlled in this intermittent way becomes highly resistant to change.
- They also investigate the ecological assumption that some organizational features are more resistant to change than others.
- 2 [Biology/Biología] resistant (
tosth) resistente ( aalgo)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.