Translation of resistant in Spanish:
- 1 (opposed) (predicative/predicativo) to be resistant
tosth/ -ingresistirse or oponer* resistencia aalgo/+ infinitive/infinitivoExample sentences
- His research team was working on a project to prevent bacteria becoming more resistant to antibiotics.
- Behavior that is controlled in this intermittent way becomes highly resistant to change.
- They also investigate the ecological assumption that some organizational features are more resistant to change than others.
- 2 [Biology/Biología] resistant (
tosth) resistente ( aalgo)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The 'Audiencia Nacional' is the Spanish high court for crimes affecting the national interest, e.g. drug trafficking, large-scale fraud and certain crimes committed abroad.