Translation of resistant in Spanish:
- 1 (opposed) (predicative/predicativo) to be resistant
tosth/ -ingresistirse or oponer* resistencia aalgo/+ infinitive/infinitivoExample sentences
- His research team was working on a project to prevent bacteria becoming more resistant to antibiotics.
- Behavior that is controlled in this intermittent way becomes highly resistant to change.
- They also investigate the ecological assumption that some organizational features are more resistant to change than others.
- 2 [Biology/Biología] resistant (
tosth) resistente ( aalgo)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas