Translation of resolution in Spanish:
- 1 countable 1.1 (decision) she made a resolution to give up smokingtomó la determinación de dejar de fumarI hope you keep to your resolution
hizo el propósito de dejar de fumarespero que te mantengas firme en tus propósitosNew Year's resolutionsbuenos propósitos de Año Nuevo1.2 (proposal) to put a resolution to adopt o pass a resolutionaprobar una moción1.3 (in US, passed by legislature)Example sentences
- Last night, the Senate passed, by voice vote, a resolution issuing a formal apology for failing to pass federal anti-lynching laws.
- Unlike ordinary resolutions which are decided after taking account the proxy vote and show of hands at the meeting, all 7 resolutions were voted on by a poll.
- When the board next meets on January 4, members will vote on a formal resolution to ban smoking in public.
- 2 uncountable (resoluteness)Example sentences
- The victory will depend on courage, resolution, and a determination to defend what we value - leaders are right to remind us of this.
- The world is a better place for the removal of his influence, of that I'm certain, but I feel it's a time for grim determination and resolution rather than cheering.
- However, on the day, they showed such determination and resolution that nothing could stand between them and victory.
- 3 uncountable (of problem, difficulty)Example sentences
- The educator that violently hits his students in order to get them to conform or behave to his liking can surely not lay any claim to teaching of peaceful dispute resolution.
- But what we want to see is not the use of force but the peaceful resolution of this matter, and that's in the hands of the Miami relatives.
- The UN has never pretended to have a monopoly on the peaceful resolution of disputes.
- 4 uncountable (Optics)Example sentences
- The new altitude would multiply the resolution of the measurements that Cassini's instruments could make at Enceladus by a factor of nearly 6.
- To measure this region, both the instrument resolution and photon statistics need to be improved.
- The effect is due to the limitation of the instrumental resolution regarding the measurement of hydration water large-scale motions.
- 5 uncountable (Music)Example sentences
- Mindlessly memorizing from the beginning of a phrase or section without analytical awareness of the cadence yields a lack of harmonic direction and resolution.
- Traditionally, a musical climax is reached through the emotionally loaded swell of dynamics or harmonic resolution.
- The return of the minor mode of the first aria at the conclusion provides dramatic resolution to the work where the poet's deceived heart is inflected with irony.
- 6 uncountable (Medicine)desinflamación (feminine)
resolución (feminine)Example sentences
- Treatment includes analgesics and physical therapy, with resolution of symptoms usually occurring in three to four months.
- Improvement was defined as partial or complete resolution of clinical or subclinical symptoms of hepatic encephalopathy.
- An indeterminate outcome was defined as resolution of signs and symptoms of infection with a need for continued antimicrobial suppression.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.