- 1 uncountable/no numerable (resoluteness) resolución (feminine), determinación (feminine)More example sentences
- Having taken our decision, this country will now pursue our aims with firm resolve and with determination.
- This will require our country to unite in steadfast determination and resolve.
- Very few of us have that firm resolve in ourselves to do what we are really passionate about.
- 2 countable/numerable (decision) decisión (feminine), determinación (feminine) she made a firm resolve to … tomó la decisión or determinación de …, hizo el firme propósito de …More example sentences
- A resolution does not carry any force of law; it expresses the resolve of a legislative body by drawing attention and awareness to an important subject.
- The successful outcome of this dispute will also serve as a warning to management who doubted the resolve of union members.
- Meanwhile the resolve of some 18,000 engineers and technical workers to continue walking the picket lines remains strong.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (clear up) [problem/difficulty] resolver*; [doubt/misunderstanding] aclarar 1.2 (decide) resolver* to resolve to +
infinitive/infinitivoresolver* or decidir + infinitive/infinitivoshe resolved to do it herself resolvió or decidió hacerlo ella misma 1.3 [Admin] [Politics/Política] resolver*, acordar* 1.4 [Medicine/Medicina] [inflammation] resolver*, bajar 1.5 [Music/Música] [chord/note] resolver*
resolve into verb + object + preposition + object/verbo + complemento + preposición + complemento [light/force] [Physics/Física] descomponer* en; [issue/problem] dividir en 1.1verb + preposition + object/verbo + preposición + complemento [Physics/Física] descomponerse* en; [issue/problem] dividirse en
resolve onresolve upon verb + preposition + object/verbo + preposición + complemento [formal] the committee resolved on a subsidy for the group la comisión resolvió or decidió otorgar una subvención al grupo he resolved on completing the task alone resolvió or decidió terminar el trabajo solo
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.