Translation of resonant in Spanish:
- [voice/drum] resonante, retumbante; [room/chamber] resonante the house was resonant with the sound of laughter la casa retumbaba or resonaba con ecos de risasExample sentences
- But their presence is signalled by an unmistakable call similar to bellowing of a bull with a deep, resonant boom that carries up to a mile.
- So the resonant sound is dubbed an auspicious sound.
- Large, ungainly and hanging onto my thick specs, I'd leap over a vault with my free hand, landing with a resonant thud on the other side, and I loved it.
- Selective resonance at these eigentone frequencies will inevitably colour the sound, especially in small rectangular rooms where the resonant frequencies are high enough to fall within the musical range.
- Then, if you take the lid off the piano to boost it, sometimes the room becomes too resonant and the sound goes all over the place.
- Move around while listening and the hum changes to a low, soothing throb or at particularly resonant points in the room, vibrates your skull rather unpleasantly.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Did you know that Antena 3 was Spain's first private television channel? It began broadcasting in 1989. Its proprietors include the conservative newspapers La Vanguardia and ABC.