Translation of resounding in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo(before noun/delante del nombre)
- 1.1 (reverberating) [voice/explosion] retumbante, resonanteExample sentences1.2 (unequivocal) [success/failure/victory] rotundo a resounding no/yes un no/sí rotundo
- The loud, resounding sound unnerved the monkeys and they bolted from the scene.
- Nicole's alarm clock went off that morning with a resounding buzz that seemed louder than usual.
- They were thrown off balance as they hit the floor with a loud resounding thud.
- The walk which took place on Sunday April 27th was a resounding success and raised a total of €2,314.
- Overall, the night proved to be a resounding success and proved a memorable way to mark the students' outstanding effort and achievement throughout the school year.
- The English boy wonder's first game of the tour was a resounding success, and was all the more remarkable for the fact that he has not played for six weeks.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.