adjective/adjetivo(before noun/delante del nombre)
- 1.1 (reverberating) [voice/explosion] retumbante, resonanteMore example sentences1.2 (unequivocal) [success/failure/victory] rotundo a resounding no/yes un no/sí rotundo
More example sentences
- The loud, resounding sound unnerved the monkeys and they bolted from the scene.
- Nicole's alarm clock went off that morning with a resounding buzz that seemed louder than usual.
- They were thrown off balance as they hit the floor with a loud resounding thud.
- The walk which took place on Sunday April 27th was a resounding success and raised a total of €2,314.
- Overall, the night proved to be a resounding success and proved a memorable way to mark the students' outstanding effort and achievement throughout the school year.
- The English boy wonder's first game of the tour was a resounding success, and was all the more remarkable for the fact that he has not played for six weeks.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.