Translation of responsibility in Spanish:
noun plural -ties
- 1.1 countable (task, duty) that's her responsibilityeso es responsabilidad suyathe child is my responsibilityel niño está bajo mi responsabilidadit's his responsibility to order the stationeryél es el encargado de hacer los pedidos de papeleríawe have a responsibility toward our readers to …tenemos la responsabilidad or somos responsables ante nuestros lectores de …they're taking on a great responsibilityestán asumiendo una gran responsabilidadyou have to face up to your responsibilitiesExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 uncountable (authority, accountability) the responsibility attached to the post
- They have the responsibility to behave reasonably in the face of possible threats.
- Individuals had a moral responsibility to secure just rights for themselves and others.
- I think they have a moral responsibility to people.
la responsabilidad que conlleva el puestoI'm willing to take on more responsibilityestoy dispuesto a asumir más responsabilidadesto take responsibility for somethingresponsabilizarse or encargarse or hacerse cargo de algoExample sentences
- Actors need to adopt a wider set of roles and responsibilities, underpinned by regulation.
- Further official roles and responsibilities are being drawn up by the board.
- The table gives the main roles and responsibilities for research governance.
Example sentences1.3 uncountable (liability, blame) he denied all responsibility in the matter
- The President is constitutionally unable to accept blame or responsibility for anything which happens under his watch.
- But a minister should also be prepared to accept blame and responsibility for the mistakes and bungles made.
- And by setting up a demand that is impossible to fulfil, it replaces responsibility and accountability with blame.
negó toda responsabilidad en el asuntothe responsibility was laid at his doorlo hicieron responsablethey took full responsibility for the disaster
- Install a corporate ethics officer with real authority and independent reporting responsibility to the board.
- They were given both decision making power and responsibility.
- Such mutual independence supported by collective responsibility through state institutions seems like a good thing to me.
lo culparon a élaceptaron ser responsables del desastreno terrorist group has claimed responsibility for the killingslos asesinatos no han sido reivindicados por ningún grupo terroristaExample sentences1.4 uncountable (trustworthiness) she has a sense of responsibility
tiene sentido de la responsabilidad
- So therefore, we have to take responsibility for controlling those powers we develop.
- The entire community has to take responsibility for preventing and dealing with victimization.
- The NEP is designed to encourage local communities to take responsibility for managing their own estuaries.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.