Translation of restoration in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable 1.1 (of democracy) restauración (feminine), reinstauración (feminine), restablecimiento (masculine); (of order, peace) restablecimiento (masculine) her restoration to full health will take time su total recuperación or restablecimiento llevará tiempo 1.2 (to throne, power) restauración (feminine), reinstauración (feminine) the Restoration [History/Historia] la Restauración ([ de la monarquía británica en 1660 ])Example sentences1.3 (of sth lost, stolen) [formal] restitución (feminine) [formal], devolución (feminine)
- The Directory tried to preserve the Revolution of 1789 - they opposed the restoration of the ancien regime as well as popular democracy.
- Second, by spreading revolutionary ideals and institutions, Napoleon made it impossible for the restoration of the ancien regime.
- The restoration of the monarchy brought political oblivion, then intermittent government harassment for the rest of his life.
- This project combines fire rehabilitation with watershed and ecosystem restoration on sites where loblolly pine has been ravaged by bugs and blight.
- The first phase of the park's restoration is now complete.
- He's unflinching on this: the restoration of his reputation is at stake.
- Moreover, Brazil represented a restoration of the comfort she had experienced only fleetingly as a child.
- I will continue to campaign for the restoration of the independent circumstances allowance, and work towards a living allowance for all students.
- When the Roosevelt administration took us off the gold standard in 1933, the bulk of the nation's economists opposed the move and advocated its speedy restoration.
- 2 u and c (of building, painting) restauración (feminine); (of text, piece of music) reconstrucción (feminine)Example sentences
- As the owner of any old house will tell you, the repair and restoration of historic buildings is never cheap as it often demands special skills and expensive materials, and can involve hidden costs.
- After the flood of 1966, the S Ruffillo Altarpiece underwent restoration.
- The course of the rivulet of wine, from which a Bacchante is scooping a jugful, is confused, perhaps through the deterioration of the paint or through inept restoration.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.