- [prisoner/dog/maniac] contener*; [desire/anger] dominar, contener*, refrenarto restrain sb
fromsth I had a hard time restraining my husband from hitting him me costó trabajo impedir que mi marido le pegara or contener a mi marido para que no le pegara an order restraining the company from building on the site una orden judicial que prohíbe a la compañía construir en el predioMore example sentences
More example sentences
- I said with a smile and suddenly I had the urge to bend down and kiss her but I restrained myself from acting my wish.
- Stevie shut his eyes tight, restraining himself, trying to hold his anticipation in check.
- Angelo is a very cold person with no feelings and has restrained himself tremendously throughout his life.
- I looked up and saw the blonde boy from the checkout, restraining my attacker so tightly that the veins in his arms were popping out, his teeth were clenched and his green eyes were ablaze with fury.
- After being restrained by two people, Esther calms down.
- Finally, psychiatrists in Britain and India diverged on the issue of restraining violent patients.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.