Translation of restrain in Spanish:
- (prisoner/dog/maniac)to restrain somebody
fromsomethingI had a hard time restraining my husband from hitting himme costó trabajo impedir que mi marido le pegara or contener a mi marido para que no le pegaraan order restraining the company from building on the siteuna orden judicial que prohíbe a la compañía construir en el predioExample sentences
- I said with a smile and suddenly I had the urge to bend down and kiss her but I restrained myself from acting my wish.
- Stevie shut his eyes tight, restraining himself, trying to hold his anticipation in check.
- Angelo is a very cold person with no feelings and has restrained himself tremendously throughout his life.
- I looked up and saw the blonde boy from the checkout, restraining my attacker so tightly that the veins in his arms were popping out, his teeth were clenched and his green eyes were ablaze with fury.
- After being restrained by two people, Esther calms down.
- Finally, psychiatrists in Britain and India diverged on the issue of restraining violent patients.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.