Translation of retain in Spanish:
- 1 (keep)(property/money)
- This light-filled house retains a number of attractive period features, such as high ceilings and ceiling coving, and is new on the books of Sherry FitzGerald in Ranelagh.
- The opposition argued that a government required the confidence of both houses to retain office.
- He retains his wonderful sense of humor and continues to make his sardonic comments on life, as it is lived in the ballet world of George Zoritch.
- Containers that have soils high in organic matter retain soil moisture longer than other growing media.
- In the burning process most carbon, nitrogen and sulphur are lost in gaseous form, whereas phosphorus, potassium and calcium are retained in the ash.
- The job was one that must be done every fall when the crops are in - removing the long strips of black plastic mulch that warms the soil, retains moisture, and stifles the weeds.
- 2 (remember)(information)I don't retain figures
retenerno retengo númeroslos números no me quedan [colloquial]Example sentences
- Whereas Mozart famously detested Salzburg, Zehetmair retains much fonder memories of his home town.
- As has been demonstrated in the ‘Facets’ episode and many others, Trill hosts retain many of the memories and emotions of prior hosts.
- Walking past ever remaining durable pavements over hundreds of years old, she'd retained her past memories.
- 4 (employ)Example sentences
- Parliamentary hostility forced his resignation shortly afterwards, but the king retained him in his counsels.
- New owners will have to consider whether to retain him.
- In a way it was a compliment that the Director was so keen to retain him that he was happy to pay him the salary of someone doing the job at least one grade above the actual day to day reality of the work.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.