Translation of retake in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (past tense of/pasado de retook past participle of/participio pasado de, retaken)/riːˈteɪk/
- 1.1 (recapture) [town/fort] retomar, volver* a tomar; [prisoner] volver* a capturarExample sentences1.2 [Cinema/Cine] [Television/Televisión] [scene] volver* a rodar or filmar
Example sentences1.3 [Sch] [Univ] [exam/test] volver* a presentarse a
- In 1755 he served under Saunders in North America, in 1759 was at Quiberon Bay with Hawke, and in 1761, off Belle Île, retook the Warwick from the French in a fierce contest.
- Mirror was helping Geoff and Tara to construct a plan to retake the city.
- Gibraltar was besieged, in 1309, and retaken from the Moors by Alonzo de Guzman.
- Photographs were retaken with a digital camera and then imported into the iMovie programme.
- The message states that it is the Soldiers' responsibility to inform their unit commander if they reject the photo, and to make arrangements with the photo lab to have their photo retaken.
- To my dismay David had to retake most of my shots so I think I was practically the last model left.
- Student's tests are never repeated, therefore, they are prevented from retaking the same test items over and over again to improve their test scores.
- School finished, she had retaken her test, and then stomped out of the school.
- All of her teachers had sympathy on her, since she was their favorite student, they allowed her to retake tests and makeup missed work.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.